Blenheim man wins big in Lotto 6/49 draw

Photo via OLG. July 7, 2020

A Blenheim father and grandfather of five is all jacked up these days after winning $100,000 in the LOTTO 6/49 draw.

Kevin Jack, 65, of Blenheim won the cash by playing ENCORE in the May 16, 2020 draw.

The 65-year old automotive industry retiree said he couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw he had won.

“I was numb – I started to shake a bit. You always check your ticket but you never expect to win,” he said, while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up his cheque. “I was on the phone in the store with OLG when my wife walked in as asked, ‘what are you doing on the phone?’” he laughed.

Jack said he has no major plans for his winnings just yet.

“It wasn’t feeling real, so it’s hard to mentally spend money you don’t quite have yet. But this will give me a comfortable retirement,” he added.

The winning ticket was purchased at BNS Corner Gas on King Street in North Cobalt.